Optiblot western blot reagents are designed to save you time and ensure you can consistently produce superior results.
Optiblot product range:
- Electrophoresis gels - fixed concentration and gradient gels
- Buffers and accessories - including sample prepration kits, transfer buffers, membranes and Bradford reagents
- Gel stain - rapid staining of gels in less than 15 mins
- ECL kits - for high sensitivity chemiluminescent and chemifluorescent detection
- Electrophoresis and western blot kits - convenient kits SDS-PAGE and fluorescent western blotting
1. Electrophoresis gels
Buy gels »
Optiblot electrophoresis gels are convenient for use in the lab and produced using a method that provides improved performance over conventional gels. Features and benefits include:
- Consistent results – one year shelf life and reduced batch to batch variability
- Durable – up to 10x stronger than conventional lab prepared or commercially available gels
- Simplified loading – easy to visualise wells with dyed stacking gel
- Easy to use – no comb to remove no broken or bent teeth, cassettes are easy to open
- Improved running buffers – offers optimized running conditions to traditionally used Tris-glycine Laemmli buffers (protein migration not affected by hydrolysis of gel)
- Robust wells - preventing cross contamination of samples
- Available in cassette sizes of 10x10cm or 8x10cm - compatible with common gel tanks and apparatus
- 10 gels provided per pack – currently available in a 12 well format
2. Buffers and accessories
Buy buffers »
Optiblot accessories include reagents for sample preparation, electrophoresis and membrane transfer.
- Sample preparation kit (ab133414)
- DTT Reducer (ab119199)
- Bradford Reagent (ab119216)
- BCA Protein Quantification Kit (ab102536)
10 minute protocol - for fast and efficient sample concentration and removal of buffer components that may interfere with electrophoresis (GuHCl, urea, Ammonium sulphate etc).
Add during sample preparation in order to perform reducing SDS-PAGE.
Simple and rapid Coomassie based method for protein quantitation. Can tolerate up to 1% detergent, UV absorbing chemicals and reducing reagents present in a protein sample.
Rapid, copper salt based biochemical assay for protein quantitation. Can tolerate detergent up to 5%.
- Reducing Buffer (ab119195)
- SDS Run buffer (ab119197)
- Antioxidant (ab119200)
- Gel Drying Solution (ab119201)
- Pre-stained Marker (ab119210)
- Prism Protein Ladders
Optiblot buffers are specifically designed for use with Optiblot gels to provide optimal running and transfer conditions.
Reducing Tris-MOPS buffer similar to conventional MES buffer systems: optimal separation of low molecular weight proteins.
Non-reducing Tris-Tricine buffer similar to a conventional MOPS buffer: increased separation of higher molecular weight proteins.
Recommended when running reduced samples. Prevents oxidation of the sample and the resulting loss in resolution.
To dry Optiblot precast gels for long term storage.
Specially formulated for use with Optiblot Precast Gels and Buffers (Range of 7.6 – 195 kDa, with 28 and 71 kDa standards conjugated to an orange dye).
Broad size range, ready to use multicolor protein ladders for easy protein identification.
- Optiblot TGS blot stock buffer (ab119198)
- Luminol membrane pen (ab166858)
- Transfer membranes
Designed for efficient transfer of proteins from Optiblot precast gels.
Highlight your pre-stained molecular weight markers after blotting for colorimetric or chemiluminescent detection, improve accuracy and simplify locating your protein bands.
For convenient blotting, choose from a range of quality controlled nitrocellulose and PVDF membranes:
|Product name||Abcam ID||Membrane size|
|Low Fluorescence Western Membrane (PVDF)||ab133411||9x7 cm (10 sheets)|
|Nitrocellulose Transfer Membrane - 0.45 μm||ab133412||8x10 cm (10 sheets)|
|Nitrocellulose Transfer Membrane - 0.22 μm||ab133413||8x10 cm (10 sheets)|
3. Gel stain
A ready to use protein gel stain - offering sensitive, rapid and safe staining of protein bands in a single step. With Optiblot Blue bands are visible within 15 minutes, with no need to wash, microwave or destain.
4. ECL kits
- Optiblot ECL Detect Kit (ab133406)
- Optiblot ECL Max Detect Kit (ab133408)
- Optiblot ECL Ultra Detect Kit (ab133409)
Stronger signal than other chemiluminescent substrates, load less sample, detect low pg amounts of protein and use up to ten-times less antibody.
Quantitative blotting with even higher sensitivity (detect attomoles of protein) and low background. Compatible with chemiluminescent and chemifluorescentdetection.
The most sensitive quantitative detection, detect low abundance proteins with low background. Compatible with chemiluminescent and chemifluorescent detection.
5. Electrophoresis and western blot kits
Buy kits »
Optiblot Electrophoresis kits include gels and all the reagents required to rapidly and conveniently perform protein electrophoresis or blotting.
- Reducing Electrophoresis kits (to separate denatured proteins)
- Non-Reducing Electrophoresis kits (to separate native proteins)
- Optiblot Fluorescent Western Blot Kit (ab133410)
All the reagents needed for non-IR fluorescent detection of two proteins on the same blot. High sensitivity and a rapid protocol (3.5 hours). Compatible with imaging systems that detect Cy3 and Cy5 dyes.