Product namePrestained Protein Ladder – Broad molecular weight (10-245 kDa)
See all Prestained Protein Ladder reagents
DescriptionPrestained Protein Ladder - Broad molecular weight (10-245 kDa)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: SDS-PAGE, WBmore details
Prestained Protein Ladder ab116028 is a three-color protein standard with 12 pre-stained proteins covering a wide range of molecular weights from 10 to 245 kDa. Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore except for two reference bands (one green and one red band at 25 kDa and 75 kDa respectively) when separated on SDS-PAGE(Tris-glycine buffer).
This prestained protein ladder is designed for monitoring protein separation during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulose) and for approximating the size of proteins. The protein ladder is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use.
Key product features:
- Broad range: 10-245 kDa
- Ready-to-use: Supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels.
- Easy to identify: Includes green ~25 kDa and red ~75kDa reference bands.
- Sharp bands
- Recommended loading: ~1.5 - 2.5µl
Review other protein ladders in the unstained and prestained protein ladder guide.
This product was previously called Prism Ultra Protein Ladder (10-245 kDa).
Storage: Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C. For long term storage, store at -20°C.
Storage instructionsPlease see notes section.
Storage bufferpH: 7.5
Constituents: 0.44% Tris citrate/phosphate, 0.02% Urea, 2% Sodium lauryl sulfate, 0.02% DTT, 15% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
- Molecular weight marker
- Prism protein ladder
- SDS PAGE protein ladder prestained
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab116028 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|SDS-PAGE||Use at an assay dependent concentration. 3 μl or 5 μl per loading for clear visualization during electrophoresis on 15-well or 10-well mini-gel, respectively.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. ~1.5-2.5 μl per well for general Western transferring. Apply more for thicker (> 1.5 mm) or larger gel.|
Gel 1: Tris-Glycine (~4-20%), Gel 2: Bis-Tris (10%) MOPS buffer, Gel 3: Bis-Tris (10%) MES buffer. Pre-stained molecular weight standards have a differing mobility and as a consequence varying apparent molecular weight when run in distinct SDS-PAGE buffer systems. The variance in pH of alternative buffers affects the charge of the labelled protein standard and its binding capacity for SDS. The apparent molecular weight of this marker has been determined by calibration against an unstained ladder in each electrophoresis condition.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab116028 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Thejer BM et al. PGRMC1 phosphorylation affects cell shape, motility, glycolysis, mitochondrial form and function, and tumor growth. BMC Mol Cell Biol 21:24 (2020). PubMed: 32245408
- Depoix CL et al. Effects of chemotherapy on placental development and function using in vitro culture of human primary cytotrophoblasts. Invest New Drugs 38:547-557 (2020). PubMed: 31155684
- Faris P et al. Nicotinic Acid Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate (NAADP) Induces Intracellular Ca2+ Release through the Two-Pore Channel TPC1 in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Cells. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30991693
- Martinotti S et al. Propolis Induces AQP3 Expression: A Possible Way of Action in Wound Healing. Molecules 24:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31010117
- Martinotti S et al. Honey-Mediated Wound Healing: H2O2 Entry through AQP3 Determines Extracellular Ca2+ Influx. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30754672